Saturday, June 9, 2012

Sabbatical Hideaway

George Bernard Shaw built this writing hut in his garden in Hertfordshire. The minimalist 8x8' structure rests on a base designed to rotate like a lazy Susan. Shaw could rotate the hut to follow the sun or change his view. Tours of Shaw's Corner, including his house, hut and garden are available in the summer months through the National Trust.


Dearest Readers,

Thank you, as always, for visiting. I am going to take a break from blogging here to complete another project for the next few months. I'll return in time for the winter holidays.

Although I don't have a hut or even a shed to re-purpose for my sabbatical hideaway, I can always dream! Stay well, and have a great summer and back to school season. I look forward to catching up at the beginning of December.

With love from 973


Photo: National Trust, Matthew Antrobus












No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments or suggestions for 973 Third Avenue